Activities & Games to Learn Permaculture Through Nature Play!
We are passionate about down-to-earth living and teaching permaculture through nature play. The best way to learn and embody skills for sustainability is through fun, hands-on, practical life skills that engage one's heart and mind.
We also believe that inspiring children (and our own inner child) with empowering ways of being the change-makers of today. It is up to adults to model, support, and encourage nature play and earth care, so in their journey of self-developement, they will access the 50 gifts that nature will give them in process.
That's why we created the Nature Kids Permaculture Club ~ to empower families with a transformational program to be earth carers, through play. This blog provides a basic outline of some of our fun-filled lessons included as the activities & games to learn permaculture through nature play in each month of our year-long program.
They are enjoyed either self-paced or alongside our community as we connect and journey together and engage in our private Facebook group.
January: Observe and interact
- Create Your Book of Kin
- Establish your Observation Chart
- Observe Your Local Animals and Plants
- Creative Reflection
- Engaging your Senses with Mindfulness
- Moon Gazing - A Night-Time Adventure
- Seasonal Nature Art
- Nature Adventure BINGO
- Waste Audit ~ Zero Waste Challenge
- Yoga/movement ~ Peace Begins with Me
- Change-maker Interviewee ~ Samantha Jurgens - Nature Kids Facilitator
February: Catch and Store Energy
- Extend the Life Of…
- Make a Worm Farm
- Make Stock, Sprouts & Sauerkraut
- Human Energy Cycle and Personal Audit
- Soil Testing, Mud Pies & Cob Creations
- Waterways & Waterplay
- Make a Wicking Pot & Seed Save
- Make a Nature Table
- Save Glass Jars & Bulk Buy Wholefoods ~ Zero Waste Challenge
- Yoga/movement ~Energy Goes Where Intention Flows
- Change-maker Interviewee ~ The 'Gut Goddess', Lynnie Stein - The Gut Academy
March: Obtain a Yield
- Plan to Grow Your Food
- Eight Forms of Wealth
- Activist Artwork
- Extending the Yields
- Set Up a Swap Shop
- Create a Nature Mandala
- Food for Thought Feast Event
- Make a Bean Teepee or Bush Shelter
- Swap, Scrump & Emu Bob ~ Zero Waste Challenge
- Obtain a Yield - Breath & Body Connection
- Change-maker Interviewee ~ Kate Pearce, Creator & Coach of the Healthy Little Eaters Game
April: Apply Self-regulation and Accept Feedback
- Know Your Eco-Footprint
- Self-regulate Skill Set
- Electricity Savings Test
- Shower Audit
- Bingo ~ 10 Self-regulation Games to Play
- Dynamic Feedback Dance
- Create a Mini Ant Farm
- Make a Terrarium
- Feast with an Eco Diet ~ Zero Waste Challenge
- Yoga/movement ~ Move like the Animals
- Change-maker Interviewee ~ Kerry Spina, creator of Kids in Harmony
May: Use and Value Renewable Resources
- Pay It Forward Rock Art
- DIY Solar Oven
- Propagate Perennial Plants
- Make Egg Head Friends
- Make a No-Dig-Garden
- Make a Sundial
- Make Seed Bombs
- Create a Forest Folk House
- Know Thy Farmer or Grow Your Own Food ~ Zero Waste Challenge
- Yoga/movement ~ Dragon breathing & Magic Carpet Ride To Your Own Secret Garden
- Change-maker Interviewee ~ Lucy Legan, author of Planet Schooling
June: Produce No Waste
- DIY Beeswax Wraps
- Nutmylk & Bliss Balls
- Regrow Before You Throw
- DIY Recycled Art Container
- Make a Hot Compost Pile
- DIY T-Shirt Bag
- DIY Personal Care Kit
- Plan for Plastic Free July ~ Zero Waste Challenge
- Yoga/movement ~ Hike, Bike or Climb Adventure
- Change-maker Interviewee ~ Diana Condylas, co-ordinator of Boomerang Alliance and Plastic Free Townsville
Still to Launch...
July: Design from Patterns to Details
August: Integrate Don’t Segregate
September: Use Small, Slow Solutions
October: Use and Value Diversity
November: Use Edges and Value the Marginal
December: Creatively Use and Respond to Change
If you are a parent or carer interested in a Nature Kids Permaculture program with training and resources for nature play, join us for online access today!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.